It is easy to prevent heartworms in dogs, but can be expensive to cure. Protect your dog against parasites before they become a problem with Sentinel Heartworm Tablets for Medium Dogs. These beef-flavored tablets are easy to administer and are highly recommended by veterinarians to protect your dog from the fleas and the three most common intestinal worms. Sentinel Heartworm Tablets for Medium Dogs is a safe product to protect heartworm disease in puppies as young as six weeks old. These tablets kill the immature form of the heartworm, controls adult hookworms, plus it removes and controls roundworms and whipworms.
Do I need a prescription to purchase this product? Yes.
What is the main flea killing ingredient (active ingredient)? None.
What are the flea sterilizing or additional ingredients? Lufenuron (flea sterilizer) and Milbemycin (for additional parasites).
Intended Use: Dogs.
What is the youngest age I can use this on my pet? At least 4 weeks.
What is the weight requirements for use? 26-50 lbs.
Can I use on my pregnant or lactating (nursing) pet? No.
Is this Waterproof or Water Resistant?: N/A.
How long until maximum effectiveness is reached? Peak activity at 6 hours.
What other parasites does this kill, control, or repel? Hookworms, Roundworms, Whipworms, and Heartworm.
How often should I apply or administer? Monthly.
How is it administered (Topically, orally, or other)? Oral (tablet, beef-flavored).
Directions for Use:
1. Give Sentinel Flavor Tabs once a month on the same day of each month year-round.
2. Sentinel Flavor Tabs is for use in dogs only. Do not give to cats.
3. Watch your dog closely following dosing to be sure the entire dose has been swallowed. If it is not completely swallowed, give one more full recommended dose as soon as possible.
Additional information on treating heartworms:
- Talk to your veterinarian about the heartworm testing that is recommended before starting your dog on a heartworm prevention program.
- Some intestinal parasites, such as hookworms and roundworms can be spread to people.
- Talk to your veterinarian about other measures you can take to prevent your pet from being infected with intestinal worms, and protecting yourself.
- Notify your veterinarian of any other medications or supplements your dog is taking, and also if your dog has had any reactions to previous medications.
- This medication should only be given to the pet for which it was prescribed.
Although there are no known drug or food interactions with this medication, consult with your veterinarian before using Sentinel with any other medications, including vitamins and supplements, since interactions may occur.
- Do not give to cats
- Watch your dog closely following dosing to be sure the entire dose has been swallowed. If it is not completely swallowed, give one more full recommended dose as soon as possible
- Do not remove Sentinel from its wrapper until ready to give to your pet
- Do not use in puppies less than 4 weeks of age or less than 2 pounds.
Active Ingredients: Milbemycin Oxime, Lufenuron.