Puppies and smaller dogs that are suffering from parasite infestations are at a higher risk for transmitted diseases and infections. Fleas and ticks can cause serious skin problems, and break down your puppies already sensitive immune system. Revolution for Dogs 6-10 pounds is safe to use on small dogs and puppies over 6 weeks old, for systemic protection against internal and external parasites. This once a month topical treatment kills fleas, American dog ticks, lice, mites, mange, and heartworms, while preventing re-infestation. Revolution works by entering the blood stream then selectively redistributes from the blood to the skin, where it provides long lasting protection against fleas, flea eggs, American dog tick and other parasites. Contact your veterinarian at the first sign of pests or parasites before the infestations gets uncontrollable. Revolution for Dogs 6-10 pounds is prescription only, and can be provided through your veterinarian.
Do I need a prescription to purchase this product? Yes.
What is the main flea killing ingredient (active ingredient)? Selamectin.
What are the flea sterilizing or additional ingredients? None.
Intended Use: Dogs.
What is the youngest age I can use this on my pet? At least 6 weeks.
What is the weight requirements for use? 5-10 lbs.
Can I use on my pregnant or lactating (nursing) pet? Yes.
Is this Waterproof or Water Resistant?: Waterproof. According to manufacturer, bathing pet 2 hours after application does not affect efficacy. However, it is suggested that after application, pet should not swim or bathe for at least 24 hours.
How long until maximum effectiveness is reached? Zero fleas in 48 hours.
What other parasites does this kill, control, or repel? Ticks, Ear Mites, Sarcoptic Mange Mites, and Heartworm Larvae.
How often should I apply or administer? Monthly.
How is it administered (Topically, orally, or other)? Applied Topically, but rapidly absorbed through skin and enters bloodstream. Pet should be completely dry before application.
Are there any side effects? Generally well-tolerated. In studies, less than 1% of dogs experienced digestive upset. Do not use in sick, weak or underweight animals.
- Low-volume dosage
- FDA approved
- Kills adult fleas and prevents eggs from hatching
- Dries quickly
- No unpleasant odor
- No-drip application tubes
Dosage and Administration:
1. Hold tube upright.
2. Press cap down until a click is heard (cap punctures applicator seal).
3. Remove cap and check to be sure tip of tube is open.
4. Part hair at base of neck and place tip of tube on visible skin area.
5. Squeeze tube 3 or 4 times in one spot until empty. Keep tube squeezed to avoid drawing liquid back into tube. While keeping tube squeezed, drag it away from liquid and lift up to remove.
6. Ensure tube is empty.
7. The recommended minimum dose is 2.7 mg selamectin per pound (6 mg/kg) of body weight, applied according to the following tables.
8. For dogs more than 130 pounds, the appropriate combination of color-coded tubes is used.