For the Nutritional Management of Dogs with Cancer.
Cancer is a condition associated with the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells within the body. These cells may form masses-or tumors-that can create a variety of painful and serious problems that may, in many cases, lead to death. Prescription Diet© n/d© Canine dog food was uniquely formulated by veterinarians and researchers for the management of dogs with cancer who are undergoing radiation or chemotherapy and is the only food clinically proven to increase life span and improve the quality of life for dogs with cancer. The nutritional formulation of Prescription Diet© n/d© may also be useful for pets with a variety of conditions.
Prescription Diet® n/d® is formulated with the following benefits:
• Clinically proven to help improve quality of life for dogs undergoing chemotherapy
• High level of protein to meet energy demand and to avoid muscle wasting
• High level of fat to increase caloric density and palatability to help acceptance by inappetant pets
• Low levels of carbohydrates
• High level of arginine and omega-3 fatty acids to help stimulate the immune system
Product Characteristics for Hill's Prescription Diet n/d Canine Canned Food:
* Protein, Fat-High: Helps meet the protein and energy demands of the patient, while "starving" cancer cells.
* Carbohydrate-Low: Low carbohydrate levels also help reduce lactate production by cancer cells
* Omega-3 fatty acids and Arginine -High: Help stimulate the immune system in compromised animals
Use only as directed by your veterinarian. Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
Caloric Content: 569 kcal/can
Protein min 9.50%
Fat min 8.00%
Crude Fiber max 2.00%
Calcium min 0.14%
Phosphorus min 0.12%
Beef By-Products, Water, Pork Liver, Rice, Menhaden Oil, Chicken, Chicken Liver Flavor, Powdered Cellulose, Dried Beet Pulp, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Carbonate, L-Arginine, Iron Oxide, Dicalcium Phosphate, Taurine, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Sulfate, Niacin, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Riboflavin, Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid, Sodium Selenite.
Over 150 veterinarians, food scientists, technicians and ph.D. nutritionists at Hill's develop Prescription Diet brand pet food to meet the needs of your pet when it's well or when it's sick. Each ingredient is analyzed to ensure its safety when included in the food your pet eats. Every ingredient is inspected and only those ingredient suppliers whose facilities meet stringent raw material quality standards are approved by Hill's. You can be sure that when you get Hill's Prescription Diet you are receiving superior quality.
Hill's Prescription Diets provides solutions for your pet for a variety of diseases and conditions, including age related behavioral disorders, bladder health, all skin conditions, kidney problems, heart conditions, hypertension, digestive problems, limping or mobility issues, weight control and more.
Veterinarians receive an Authorization Fee for providing a valid prescription with each order placed for Hill’s® Prescription Diet® Pet Food.