Dogs and cats recovering from serious injury, illness or surgery need clinical nutrition to heal properly. Your cat or dog needs extra energy and nutrients, in an appetizing form, to encourage the recovery process. Hill's Prescription Diet a/d Canine/Feline Canned Food is developed by nutritionists and veterinarians to provide your pet with the nutrition they need to heal. Your pet can undergo significant metabolic changes when recovering from illness and injury. Feeding a clinical diet is very important because their bodies are weak and challenged to maintain natural defenses. Hill’s Prescription Diet a/d Canine/Feline Canned Food offers excellent nutrition for dogs and cats that need critical care. Help your pet heal the right way with Hill’s.
- Protein, Fat, Carbohydrate Digestibility, Omega 3 Fatty Acids, and Branched-chain Amino Acids - Aids in promoting would and tissue healing, preserving lean body mass and maintaining body defenses in sick, debilitated, cachectic and anorexic animals
- Glutamine - Helps support the metabolic requirement of the small intestine and may stimulate the immune system
- Antioxidants - Defend cells from free radicals, promoting a healthy immune system
- Potassium - Combats depletion
- Consistency - Soft and thixotropic (stirring makes it more liquid) -gives flexibility in feeding - by bowl, spoon, syringe or tube
- Caloric Content: 180 kcal/can
- Not recommended for
- Patients where the primary therapeutic goal is to avoid fluid retention or prevent the accumulation of nitrogenous by-products, phosphorus or sodium
- Patients that cannot tolerate high fat intake
- Patients with hepatic encephalopathy, hyperlipidemia, pancreatits, history of pancreatitis or at risk of pancreatitis
Protein min 8.50%
Fat min 5.20%
Crude Fiber max 0.50%
Calcium min 0.18%
Phosphorus min 0.17%
Taurine min 0.06%
Water, Pork Liver, Poultry Liver, Chicken, Corn Flour, Pork Protein Isolate, Fish Oil, Chicken Liver Flavor, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Guar Gum, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Magnesium Oxide, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Beta Carotene, Manganous Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Folic Acid.
Over 150 veterinarians, food scientists, technicians and ph.D. nutritionists at Hill's develop Prescription Diet brand pet food to meet the needs of your pet when it's well or when it's sick. Each ingredient is analyzed to ensure its safety when included in the food your pet eats. Every ingredient is inspected and only those ingredient suppliers whose facilities meet stringent raw material quality standards are approved by Hill's. You can be sure that when you get Hill's Prescription Diet you are receiving superior quality.
Hill's Prescription Diets provides solutions for your pet for a variety of diseases and conditions, including age related behavioral disorders, bladder health, all skin conditions, kidney problems, heart conditions, hypertension, digestive problems, limping or mobility issues, weight control and more.
Veterinarians receive an Authorization Fee for providing a valid prescription with each order placed for Hill’s® Prescription Diet® Pet Food.