Denosyl has been shown to increase hepatic Glutathione levels in dogs and cats. 10-12 Glutathione is a potent antioxidant that protects hepatic(liver) cells from toxins and death. A recent analysis of 31 dogs and cats with liver problems showed that 45% of these animals had a decrease in hepatic Glutathione levels. Denosyl is recommended to improve hepatic Glutathione levels in compromised patients to help maintain and protect liver function. Denosyl may also be used in other conditions of tissue oxidant injury caused by toxins or drugs that are related to reduced Glutathione concentrations.
Nutramax Denosyl Features and Benefits:
* Denosyl has been shown to increase hepatic glutathione levels in cats/dogs
* Glutathione is a potent antioxidant that protects liver cells from toxins and death
* Denosyl can be used with other products and/or dietary mediators
* Denosyl has no known interactions with drugs; has no known side effects
* Denosyl may even protect against negative effects on the liver caused by some medications such as steroids, non-steroidal anti-inflammatories(NSAIDS), and anticonvulsants
* Denosyl is the only S-Adenosylmethionine brand studied in US veterinary trials manufactured to Good Manufacturing Practice(GMP) standards
* Supplied by the manufacturers of Cosequin.
Denosyl has been shown to increase the level of glutathione, an antioxidant that can fight deadly toxins in your pet's body. S-Adenosylmethionine is an endogenous molecule synthesized throughout the body. Deficiency of S-Adenosylmethionine has been associated with a spectrum of cellular derangements that have profound effects on hepatocytes(liver cells). Exogenous administration of S-Adenosylmethionine has been shown to improve hepatocellular(liver) function in both in-vivo and in-vitro studies without significant side effects. Precursors of S-Adenosylmethionine do not have similar effects.
Storage of Nutramax Denosyl:
* Store in cool dry place
* Keep tablets in original blister pack until use
* Tablets are sensitive to moisture and extreme heat and should not be split or crumbled.
Directions for use of Nutramax Denosyl:
* Tablets should be given whole and on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before feeding
* An 8-12 hour fast is optional.
Dosing for Nutramax Denosyl:
* Up to 12-lbs - give 1 tablet of 90 mg Denosyl daily
* 13 to 34-lbs - give 1 tablet of 225 mg Denosyl daily
* 35 to 65-lbs - give 1 tablet of 425 mg Denosyl daily
About Nutramax Laboratories: Founded in 1992, a private, Christian-based, company located in Edgewood, Maryland with approximately 100,000 square feet, Nutramax Laboratories, Inc. researches, develops, and markets high quality products to support the active lifestyles of people and animals. The corporate entity has two business divisions: Consumer Products and Veterinary Science. Additionally, Nutramax Agriculture, Inc. markets high quality, environmentally safe biofertilizers for the turf industry. Nutramax Manufacturing, Inc. manufactures Nutramax Laboratories, Inc. products following production standards similar to the pharmaceutical industry. The company has become an industry leader in setting and adhering to high standards in manufacturing and quality control. Additionally, the company supports laboratory research and clinical studies on its products. Many of these studies have been published and/or presented in medical, veterinary and other health-related journals and publications. The real strength and prosperity of Nutramax Laboratories, Inc. comes from The Lord. He has blessed our company and the talented group of management, scientific, quality compliance, marketing, sales, manufacturing, legal and regulatory personnel, veterinarians and health care professionals, who work together as a team.