Frontline Spray Treatment is typically used by a veterinarian to treat a severe infestation quickly. To apply, ruffle your pet's coat with one hand while applying spray mist to back, sides, stomach, legs, shoulders and neck. For head and eye area, spray Frontline Spray Treatment on a gloved hand and rub gently into your pet's hair. Frontline Spray Treatment is not approved to be used on pregnant, lactating, and breeding dogs or cats.
Do I need a prescription to purchase this product? No.
What is the main flea killing ingredient (active ingredient)? Fipronil.
What are the flea sterilizing or additional ingredients? None.
Intended Use: Dogs and Cats.
What is the youngest age I can use this on my pet? At least 8 weeks.
What is the weight requirements for use? None.
Can I use on my pregnant or lactating (nursing) pet? No.
Is this Waterproof or Water Resistant?: Waterproof. After application, pet should not swim or bathe for at least 24 hours.
How long until maximum effectiveness is reached? 24 hours to translocate; 4-18 hours to kill fleas.
What other parasites does this kill, control, or repel? Kills Lone Star Ticks, American Dog Ticks, Deer Ticks, Brown Dog Ticks, Western Blacklegged Ticks, and Lice.
How often should I apply or administer? Monthly.
How is it administered (Topically, orally, or other)? Topical spray.
- Dries quickly in about 10 to 15 minutes
- PLEASE NOTE: Wash your hands after each use.
Directions for Use: Please follow all directions included on the bottle. Please read the following instructions carefully before applying FRONTLINE Spray to your pet.
1. Wear household latex gloves.
2. Hold bottle in upright position.
3. Ruffle your pet's coat with one hand while applying spray mist to back, sides, stomach, legs, shoulders and neck. For head and eye area, spray Frontline Spray on a gloved hand and rub gently into your pet's hair.
4. Do not get this product in the animal's eyes or mouth.
5. Apply spray mist until the hair is damp to thoroughly wet. Approximately 1 to 2 pumps per pound of body weight will be required. Animals with long or dense coats will require the higher rate.
6. As with any flea control product, wash your hands and exposed skin thoroughly with soap and water after use.
7. To prevent flea build-up or reinfestation, use Frontline Brand products prior to the onset of flea season and monthly thereafter.
8. Do not reapply for 30 days.
Fipronil (0.29%), Inert Ingredients (99.71%)
Merial is a world-leading animal health company. Merial provides a comprehensive range of products to enhance the health, well-being and performance of a wide range of animals. We are a forward-looking company with a proven track record, producing pharmaceutical products and vaccines for livestock, pets and wildlife (including endangered species).
We are on the cutting edge of product development and innovation, providing millions of doses worldwide annually to keep livestock and pets healthy.